7.30.2012

Movie Review Monday

A couple of weekends ago, Husband came home with a Mickey Mouse t-shirt for me and it was a Men's XL so it was a bit baggy. I asked him to make it a sleeveless tee for me to wear to the zoo since it was a warm sunny day and I didn't feel like exposing the zoo-goers to my fat rolls by wearing a form fitting tank top. I knew I got the idea from somewhere but I didn't realize it was from Emilio Estevez's look in The Outsiders, a movie from 1983 that I had shockingly never seen. Husband basically demanded that I watch it so I pushed it to #1 on the queue and watched it this weekend. First of all, everyone who was anyone in the 80s is in this movie: Diane Lane, Leif Garrett, C Thomas Howell, Rob Lowe, Patrick Swayze, Tom Cruise, Ralph Macchio... yeah. It's like an 80s version of Magic Mike with all that eye candy. Sadly, it's probably one of the corniest movies I have ever watched and I was practically dying over it. Soces (pronounced So-sh, short for Social I guess) versus the Greasers. Stay gold, Pony Boy. Let's do it for Johnny. I mean, it's real bad. But it's definitely a part of movie history that I am glad I can now say I finally saw. Especially because I once dated a dude they called Ponyboy and I had no idea what that meant until I actually saw this. Wowza.

1 comment:

Coodence said...

hahaha! i havent seen it in years!!