7.05.2012

Book Review

Much in the vein of Tina Fey's very funny book Bossypants, Mindy Kaling has a book of wee essays called Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns). I had bought this for BFF for her birthday because she too is a hilarious and incredibly smart Indian woman and I like to get all ethnic in my gift giving. I meant to give it back to her yesterday when she came over to celebrate America's birthday with us, but, well, I'd been drinking and it is still sitting on my desk as of this morning. However, I digress! Mindy Kaling is super witty and smart and has some delightful rules about what men should be like if she's going to date them and how her funeral should be and how best friends should act. She tells funny little stories stories about writing/producing The Office and being unemployed in New York after college. I laughed out loud quite a bit and definitely had to read excerpts for Husband when he stared at me quizzically after one of my many outbursts. It's only natural to assume she is Kelly Kapoor but she's not. Well... maybe a little. Either way, I love her even more now after having read this.

No comments: