6.27.2012

Humpday Musings

This week has been a particularly rough one for me. Basically, it's my due date week. Like I could be hugely pregnant or going into labor or giving birth this week. But I'm not. Instead I'm weighing myself and hoping the numbers are going down. I seem to be holding steady at 210 which is fine, I guess. I put on some size 14s today that haven't been on since pre-Casey so I'm pretty stoked about that. My mother commented that she could tell I lost weight "Especially in your bathing suit, there seems to be less rolls." She has a lovely way with words. The ladies at Curves have mentioned they can tell and my adorable co-worker tells me I'm tiny. She's crazy but I'll take the compliment nonetheless.
The Size 14 thing couldn't have come at a better time because I was starting to wonder if all this effort is even worth it. I've been to Curves 13 times this month which is more or less every other day. I am hoping to go three more times before the month ends but I won't be hitting my goal of 20. I think I'm okay with that. When I'm not at Curves I'm either going on a bike ride or walking the dog so at least I'm not sedentary.
As for the miscarriage thing, I know it was a blessing in disguise. I'm quite content with my family of three and with a bunny and a puppy there definitely isn't much time to spare. Even though I'm ok with all of it, it still sucks right now. And that's about all that can be said about that.

MORAL OF THAT STORY EDIT:
I weighed myself at the gym then at the office. 210.5. Not too bad considering I am post-workout, socks, panties, sports bra, workout pants and tank-top, with 2 cups of coffee, three cookies (oops!) and oatmeal later. That's down about 12 pounds since March 12.

4 comments:

Coodence said...

Sorry about the rough week, ho.

Even if you weren't looking different, which you are, you're still doing the better thing for your body and your kid by being fit, so that has to count for something. You've told me lots of times it doesn't really come down to numbers, etc.

Your mother really does have a way with words. God bless her.

Andrea said...

Awww..I'm sorry, Randi. You know you can talk to me about anything. Even your rough week. I'm sure it's a bit stinky, even with the OKness of it.

xo

Ang said...

listen to my sister randi she is right....can't wait to see you this weekend.:)

Gen said...

Here's a big virtual hug!

I agree with Caroline, getting fit is more important than the number on the scale. Great job on the Curves visits and the weekend adventures. I may not recognize you the next time I see you!