5.31.2012

Good, Bad, Ugly

The Good
  • May is over. It's been a busy and expensive month and I am ready to put it behind me.
  • Betty almost back to her old, psycho and spastic self.
  • Husband comes home tonight.
The Bad
  •  How much money we had to spend to get Betty well. What was supposed to be an easy $85 spay turned in to an ER visit with several vet appointment follow-ups totaling over $500 so far.
  • Casey's refusal to eat meals is very frustrating for me. I know he eats but I would rather it be something substantial rather than "mayos" (marshmallows) and goldfish crackers. Silly mother that I am, I worry about his nutrition. Shocking.
  • My general attitude and state of mind this week. Is it post-birthday blues? Job frustration? Exhaustion? I don't know but I've fallen asleep in the 8 o'clock hour for the last three nights.
The Ugly
  • Having to give Betty 3 different pills twice a day, put hot compresses on her belly twice a day to squeeze out the infection in her sutures and having to apply betadyne on her wound. 
  • I still sort of have the remainder of a stye in the corner of my left eye that has burst a couple times now and refuses to go away. No eye make up makes for a less attractive me. These are facts.
  • The amount of flesh I tore off my heel trying to shoo the bunny out from underneath Casey's aggressive rocking chair. Lord knows I love a Muppet Band-Aid but I'd prefer to be able to see it as opposed to have it hidden under my socks and shoes.
    (See why I'm glad May is over?)

3 comments:

Coodence said...

Yes.

April said...

I'm so sorry Betty is having issues! I know how frustrating and expensive that can be.

AS for Casey not eating, I have zero advice for you. I saw your post on Facebook and felt bad for you. I hope you figure out what will get him to eat for you.

Lisa..... said...

Hopefully June will be great. Although May did include mothers day and our birthdays!