5.01.2012

Another Week, Another Book

I'm pretty excited that I seem to be back on the book-a-week train. I'm also glad that I'm mixing it up a bit and not reading a series any more. The most recent finish was Jane Lynch's Happy Accidents. I love her. I really do. She had me at Best In Show, solidified it with 40 Year Old Virgin and sealed it with a kiss as Sue Sylvester on Glee. She has been around for a long time and has been in a lot of things and has never disappointed. I grabbed her book for a steal in the Barnes & Noble bargain bin and the book was worth every penny. I'm always interested in hearing the story of a homosexual person coming out and living their true life. I don't know why but it has always fascinated me. Jane Lynch's life is pretty much without drama. I love that she went to AA because she drank too much light beer. She bounced back and forth from the Midwest to the east coast to the west coast and back again for acting gigs and formed a fantastic journey, littered with "happy accidents" that led her to fame and love. I mean, she met Christopher Guest at a Kellogg's commercial and ended up being one of his stars! How random and wonderful is that? This book was not super challenging but it was uplifting and entertaining.

1 comment:

dirkmancuso said...

I thought about picking this one up and never did. I may have to reconsider that.

I'm picking up the Andy Cohen bio this week. Starry eyed gay pursues dreams of a career in show-biz and gets to meet Susan Lucci in the bargain -- how can I resist? Seriously, it's like he wrote it just for me...