- May is over. It's been a busy and expensive month and I am ready to put it behind me.
- Betty almost back to her old, psycho and spastic self.
- Husband comes home tonight.
- How much money we had to spend to get Betty well. What was supposed to be an easy $85 spay turned in to an ER visit with several vet appointment follow-ups totaling over $500 so far.
- Casey's refusal to eat meals is very frustrating for me. I know he eats but I would rather it be something substantial rather than "mayos" (marshmallows) and goldfish crackers. Silly mother that I am, I worry about his nutrition. Shocking.
- My general attitude and state of mind this week. Is it post-birthday blues? Job frustration? Exhaustion? I don't know but I've fallen asleep in the 8 o'clock hour for the last three nights.
- Having to give Betty 3 different pills twice a day, put hot compresses on her belly twice a day to squeeze out the infection in her sutures and having to apply betadyne on her wound.
- I still sort of have the remainder of a stye in the corner of my left eye that has burst a couple times now and refuses to go away. No eye make up makes for a less attractive me. These are facts.
- The amount of flesh I tore off my heel trying to shoo the bunny out from underneath Casey's aggressive rocking chair. Lord knows I love a Muppet Band-Aid but I'd prefer to be able to see it as opposed to have it hidden under my socks and shoes.
(See why I'm glad May is over?)