4.23.2012

Movie Review Monday

We never did give Hugo a second chance. I guess we may have missed something incredible but if a movie doesn't catch my interests quickly, I really don't have the motivation to try and watch it. We did, however, wipe the dust off the red envelope containing Our Idiot Brother and gave it the old college try. I had a feeling I would like it because Paul Rudd is in it and he is just so damn likeable I can't imagine a movie with him in it being so bad. I did have a fear that this would be some kind of hipster movie given the crocs and the cast but it wasn't. It was basically a study in family. You have Paul Rudd who is kind of a dirty hippie and sells marijuana to a police man because he just had to put the trust out there that it was the right thing. He goes to jail for eight months nd when he gets out he finds his girlfriend has moved on. In order to get back on his feet, he's sort of forced to take shelter (at different times) with his mom, his lesbian sister, his new age sister and his reporter sister. All of whom, by the way, behave quite badly. I liked the cast, I liked the story. It was a good way to pass the time while Casey napped on Saturday. That's really all I have to say.

No comments: