3.21.2012

Curves

My most recent triumph was that I had quit the candy dish here at work. I believe I'm on week 7 now. It's amazing how I turned the habit of eating candy all day long into a habit of avoiding it. I really feel I did something. I had made a goal of bringing salads to work and that worked sometimes but not often. I'm not exactly sure how or when I fell off that wagon but I did and I'm not beating myself up over it. I ditched cow's milk for almond milk but that was just an attempt to lower my cholesterol. I'm not a fan of the taste so I ditched cereal and have moved on to oatmeal and fruit in the morning. I now only use almond milk in my coffee and am trying to gradually stop using that all together and maybe quitting Splenda. Maybe. And just at work. I just don't see myself drinking black coffee. It's too manly to me.
What I am most proud of, though, is joining Curves. My first day was March 12 and since then I have been 6 times. It's a 30-minute circuit of aerobic and resistance training. My co-worker and I go on our lunch hour. I didn't want to commit to a full year's membership because I'm always terrible at things like that but they offered me a deal where I could go for 2 months for $99 with no enrollment fee as long as I brought in a bag of groceries for their food drive. It's a little higher than the annual membership fee but I like that I can try it out and make sure things are working before I commit to much more than I might be able to actually do. My membership expires on May 16, shortly after I turn 35.
I'm calling this the "Diet for Disney" and am going to go hard or go home until my membership expires. I'm doing really well now bringing a salad to work for lunch every day. Drinking water. Eating fruit and Kashi granola bars instead of junk. I figure I'm saving money by not going out to eat every day in addition to hopefully losing some weight. I weigh 217 naked, 220 with clothes on. My goal is to be down to 210 by Disney weekend of May 20th. Here goes nothing.

MORAL OF THE STORY: I'm not sure if I shit or just got off the pot, but something is happening here.

2 comments:

Lurker Girl said...

You go girl!!! Keep doing the healthy things and put the little man in a stroller and get out walking and you will see th pounds fall off!

You CAN do it!!!

Coodence said...

Dude! Congrats again on ditching the candy dish! This ain't halloween, yo!