2.14.2012

The Grim Reaper

Lots of deaths lately and no I'm not referring to Whitney Houston. I guess the death train pulled into my life when Grandpa passed away on June 17th. Shortly thereafter, it was Kiyah leaving our world on October 31st. Then in December, we lost Segundo. Well, February didn't want us to go without. On Friday, February 10th, our bunny, Bubba, died in a tragic accident.
You see, Bubba liked to go under the couch and sort of eat away at the innards of it. Most times, I would tilt the couch forward and Bubba would flee. Well, this time, Bubba didn't flee far enough and when I put the couch down, it landed on him. Smooshed his tiny bunny body, it did. I'm pretty sure I broke his spine. Either way, it was not good for Bubba. Luckily there was no blood, just a limp little bunny breathing his last breaths. Husband and I held him until he was gone and then put him in a shoebox and buried him in our flower bed under the cover of darkness. I wonder what the passersby must have thought that night.
Thank goodness, Casey was asleep when all of this went down. We took Bubba's cage out of the living room and I'm pretty sure Casey and his short attention span hardly remember we had a bunny. For that, I'm grateful. However? I feel like a murderous monster. I know it was just an accident but damn I loved that bunny. He was so smart and funny and social. I only had him for like three weeks and then I killed the little bastard. I swear Friday wasn't bad enough when we found out we owed the tax man a pretty penny but then we had to go and lose a member of the family.
So today, tip a 40 for Bubba if you would. I can't believe I don't have my bunny to love on Valentine's Day.

3 comments:

Coodence said...

Nice tribute, ho. Sorry about your bunny. Buddy liked him, too.

cindita said...

So sorry, dude. Best believe that those three weeks spent in the friday house were the best of its little life...

Christine said...

Sucks about your bunny - what a bummer! xoxo