2.09.2012

Good, Bad, Ugly

The Good
  • Husband has been home since January so I've actually been able to rest while I have this stupid cold thing. And it has been awesome having him around.
  • My finances right now. I can't believe it but we actually have money in our savings and some extra cash. That probably won't last long but I'm enjoying it.
  • Since the binge drinking on Superbowl Sunday, I've only had a beer a night. For a while I was doubling up and that's just too much for the weekdays.

The Bad

  • I really love my house but I hate my yard. The front flower beds desperately need attention and our backyard needs a complete overhaul. $$$
  • I really love my house but I hate my fireplace. We're looking to cover up the 1960s style textured brick and it's looking to be around $1200 (on the high side) to fix it up. $$$
  • How I feel every time I see a pregnancy announcement on Facebook.

The Ugly

  • My complexion since I've been back on the NuvaRing is that of a pubescent teen. Pimples at 34 just doesn't seem fair.
  • I'm still fat. A wise little bird told me I need to stop feeling ugly about it and just decide to do something about it. She's right of course. My co-worker and regular lunch buddy will be in Cabo next week so I guess I will try to start my salad-for-lunch plan again. And maybe destroy the candy drawer while she is away.
  • My wardrobe. I swear I wear the same things over and over and over. More motivation for the previous ugly bullet point.

4 comments:

April said...

I feel like I could have written your "The Bad". I got some news from the gyno that I'll have to have a procedure which means I'll likely not be able to carry a baby to full term. The funny thing is that we already decided we didn't want anymore kids. I guess having the choice taken away makes me feel like shit. Either way, I'm not comparing that to what you went through or taking your experience away from you, so I'm sorry if it came across that way.

I'm sure you still look radiant, fatness and pimples included. I also wear the same damn clothes every fucking day. We need to go shopping!

Andrea said...

April, I felt the same way when my doctor told me that I may not be able to have kids. I want the decision to be mine, not my bodies, you know? I get it. And I'm sorry.

Randi, I wear the same old shit all the time. I try to mix it up here and there, but mostly...same stuff. We all do it.

Andrea said...

body's...not bodies. I only have one. gah!

Lisa..... said...

I don't have any birth control to blame and I get pimples. Ugh. Annoying.