2.15.2012

206 Bones

I did it! I finished a book! I said I was going to and I did. Man, it feels good to accomplish something I set out to do. You see, I had started a book months ago but it didn't really grab my attention so I just kept carrying it around thinking eventually I'd read it. I've never been the kind of person that was able to read more than one book at a time so everything kind of just got put on hold. So I shelved the other book and grabbed 206 Bones by Kathy Reichs. My beloved Bones program is on a bit of a hiatus so I did the next best thing and read one of the books the show is essentially based on.
This book starts out with Dr. Temperance Brennan trapped in some kind of tomb and in some serious danger. She's trying to figure out how she got into that situation and in the process she's remembering another crime she solved that supposedly has a connection to the pickle she's in. There's romantic tension between her and a police officer named Ryan (a.k.a. Booth from the show right?) and there's office drama as well. I like these books because they are very technical in that she is a forensic anthropologist and uses some crazy scientific terms but also because the main character is very relate-able. She might be a brilliant scientist but she still has a family life and romantic interests and sort of cusses like a sailor when she needs to.
It was definitely a page-turner and got me in the mood to crack another book already. There are so many on my shelves that need to be read and by God I will read them!

MORAL OF THAT STORY: Look at me sticking to goals and whatnot.

No comments: