11.14.2011

Happy Birthday, Moo Lady!

Today is my mother's 64th birthday. She has been my mom for 34 years and boy have we had our ups and downs. All in all, aside from our wee co-dependency issues, she is my best buddy. I talk to her multiple times a day and hang out with her a whole lot. If I was a teenager, I would think that would make me, like, the lamest person on the planet. But right now? I think it's neat. She will literally give you the shirt off your back. I think she's the most generous person I know. She loves nothing more than buying presents for no reason at all. She makes me laugh and she makes me crazy. She's a mystery wrapped in an enigma.
I like that she makes comfort food like green bean casserole and quiche and this funky grape salad made from cottage cheese, Cool Whip and lime Jell-O. She and her best friend used to take cake decorating classes. I think they were Martha Stewarts before Martha Stewart knew she was a Martha Stewart. She can throw a themed party in seconds flat and always has her Christmas shopping done in November. She's just that swell.
Anywho, I don't feel like getting too sappy about my mom because I'm fucking exhausted today (thanks for not sleeping, Casey!) but I think she's great and I love her and I hope she lives to be super old as long as she doesn't get all senile and needy and weird like my Gran (who I also love like a fat kid loves cake regardless of her "quirks").

2 comments:

April said...

Happy Birthday Randi's Momma Dukes! Please don't call Randi selfish anymore, ok? Other than that, I hope your birthday rocks!

Coodence said...

Happy Beeday to Andrear.