10.18.2011

Lagging

I am truly sucking when it comes to blogging lately. Let's see if I can do some sort of re-cap of the goings on in the Friday family.
Last week, Maria got to go to Disneyland for her birthday and my folks were in Vegas so that meant I had to take Thursday off and Husband took Friday off and we played stay-at home parents. There was a wee heatwave so that meant outside play was sort of limited. This lead both of us to the mall playground with the kid. Never thought I'd see the day I'd do that.
Saturday morning I got to have a grown up breakfast sans Husband and child. I met up with my friend PJP and his wife and we went to breakfast at an Oxnard staple: Mrs. Olson's Coffee Hut. Their Bloody Marys are strong and spicy. However, there is usually a line out the door so plan to get your whole group there early. It's worth the wait but they won't let you in unless all of your party is present.
Later that day, we took the kiddo to the pumpkin patch. He naturally tried to pick up only the biggest pumpkins. The only pumpkin he actually picked up belonged to another kid who was nice enough to humor mine. Casey's fear of livestock is still quite strong.
Sunday was a pretty chill day. We took the dog to the groomer in the morning. We hit up the mall and I just want to give a shout out to Macys for the following story. In August I tried on that pair of jeans and they fit but I bought another color in the same size and style. I took the tags off, tried the pants on and they were cut wrong so they did not fit. I assumed since I had no receipt and no tags I was stuck with a $45 pair of jeans I would never be able to wear. Luckily, the nice lady let me use my Macys statement as a receipt and she gave me store credit. I bought makeup. Holler.
Monday I had to go back to Macys (my 3rd trip to the mall in 4 days) because the nice lady who exchanged my jeans had my drivers license. Kiyah appears to be sick and won't eat a thing. Not even ham or cheese, two of her favorites. She's drinking water by the gallon but won't poop. Constipated maybe? It's looking like I get to be the lucky one to give the dog an enema or a laxative. Awesome.

1 comment:

Coodence said...

Poor BFF re: Kiyah.

Best line of this blog?

Queso's fear of livestock is still quite strong.

My word of the day is Tatoine, which, when spelled Tatooine is a planet from Star Wars.