- I expected an RSVP to the invitation I sent you that specifically asks for an RSVP by a certain date. Don't respond to the mother of the bride. Don't tell the bride. Call me. I'm the one that would have fed you and/or hosted you in my house. It's my number listed there.
- I didn't expect to have to follow up with an email that enables you to tell me that you forgot to call. Really?
- I expected my brother to attend his nephew's first birthday party rather than going to some big ass hip hop concert. Instead I had to shrug it off because he seemed distressed to learn the party was on the same day. Like his wife didn't tell him that already.
- I expected the trash would have been taken out last night but it wasn't.
- I expected Husband to still have his curls for our family portrait. Instead he came home with a buzz cut.
MORAL OF THAT STORY: "Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed." - Alexander Pope