- All that's left to buy for Casey's 1st Birthday is food!
- I got two more "yes" RSVPs for the shower.
- My wee family now has some nice outfits for our 1st family portrait on Sunday.
- It's Pay Day.
- Cindita's ability to give good perspective.
- Finding out I had rewards points I didn't know about and getting a diploma frame for the price of shipping and handling.
- Marking items off the task list
- For some reason flies are swarming my house like it's Amityville.
- Work is slower than cold molasses making for long days.
- My jeans basically disintegrated yesterday due to excessive thigh chafing. And maybe age. But I think it's the former.
- Buying size 16 jeans and not being pregnant.
First, I would like to say it is my privilege to be Crusty's Matron and in no way is throwing her a shower a burden or inconvenience. As a former event planner, the RSVP process is simply the bane of my existence.
Secondly, I am in no way mad at my brother for not attending my son's birthday party. I guess I'm disappointed that he suffers from memory loss but it's fine. He should go to the concert. I, personally, would just never get away with doing something like that. That's all.
Finally, I think I am realizing that mama needs a little bit more "me" time. Sometimes, being the task master in the world of household chores gets tiresome. I don't want to become that wife that barks orders at her husband. I just want shit done. That's all. I think if I had "me" time, I'd be able to decompress. I don't always want to have to be "wife" or "mother" or "daughter" or "sister" or "granddaughter." Sometimes, I just want to be Randi. Not Randi the dog-walker. Just Randi. Headphones on. Taking a long walk. Zoning out. Finding my Zen. I miss my Zen.