8.16.2011

Casey Tuesday

Casey is 51 weeks old today. It is the last week of his eleventh month.Next Wednesday, he'll be a year old and I have to wonder if that will be the end of Casey Tuesday. That picture was taken at a party we went to on Saturday night. He ate his weight in Chex Mix so no DNA test needed, I know he's mine. The night before that we went to the fair and I learned that my son is not a fan of livestock but he loves "the sugar." He had tiny donuts, a pretzel, some of my ice cream and some strawberry lemonade. Needless to say, he was high as a kite as we walked to the car, chatted endlessly for about 2 miles and then a mile from the house he fell into a sugar coma. I was able to get him out of the car and completely disrobe him and change his diaper without interrupting his sleep. That was awesome. A couple times now, if he seems tired, I have been able to put him down in his crib without a bottle or rocking him and he falls asleep on his own. I hope this is a sign of things to come. Casey now walks constantly and he loves to pace back and forth across the living room while transporting a toy hither and yon. His new favorite item to play with is an electric toothbrush. I'm pretty sure it feels awesome on his gums since quite a few more teeth seem to be poking through.

1 comment:

Coodence said...

Dude! I wish the BF would go to sleep without me putting her to sleep. Oh well. I'll be rocking that child to sleep when she is 14.