5.19.2011

Book Review

All I wanted for my birthday (there's that word again!) was Bossypants by Tina Fey. I told Husband to get it for me but BFF beat him to the punch. This is the sort of book you want to devour yet you also want it to last forever. It's more than worthy of a re-read. I started reading it this past weekend after a couple of beers and I was breathless from laughing so hard. Husband asked, "Really, Randi? Every third paragraph?" Since I was on the verge of peeing my pants anyway, I told him to give it a look while I was on the potty. Sure enough, he was cracking up, too. I used to religiously watch SNL with Crusty when we were kids; it definitely influenced my sense of humor and produced some of my favorite comedians to this day. 30 Rock is beyond brilliant and I've been hooked since the beginning. Basically, Tina Fey is my idol. She's not only insanely intelligent, she's hilarious and beautiful as well. I think what I like best about her is that she's so real. It's clear she had a ridiculously awkward adolescence and blossomed into this amazing woman but she seems ambivalent to how awesome she is. I simply can't say enough good things about the woman or her book. If you don't read it, it is truly your loss.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I definitely want to read this. Love Tina!