4.13.2011

Busy Bee

I'm busier than a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest. My parents are out of the country so not only am I a single-mom for the next two weeks (save for the weekends), I also get to take care of any and all things grandparent related in their absence. Would you like to see my agenda?

Tonight - Work. Pick up Casey. Pick up Gran. Go visit Grandpa at the home.
Thursday - Work. Dentist. Supermarket.
Friday - Work. Shuttle Gran. Pick up Casey. Take them both to the home.
Saturday - Pack Gran to move her to her new apartment.
Sunday - Move and unpack Gran. Take her to the supermarket. Take her to the home.
Monday - Work. Crusty arrives! Dinner with her family.
Tuesday-Thursday - Work. Hopefully QT with Crusty. Sibling taking over elderly?
Friday - Work. Husband shuttles Gran. Pick up Casey. Go to the home. Andrea staying the night after the Prince concert.
Saturday - Penney's for portraits @ 9 a.m. Ethan's game? Andrea's bailing early so there went that visit!
Easter Sunday - Taking Gran with us to Crusty's for dinner. Try and squeeze in a visit with Grandpa at the home, too.

Then after that, we get to get the house ready to move and my uncle is coming from Germany for a visit. Then we get to pack and move, too! Holy cow, right? Super busy! On top of that, Husband and I are in talks about his job which sort of doesn't sound 100% stable right now and the cost of his commute. These conversations are super stressful and giving me acid reflux and IBS. We calculated that over the past three years we have spent close to $16,000 on gas. Crazy right? I never thought of it that way before. It was always just $500 a month. Wowzas. I'm trying hard to remain focused and positive and strong but I have to admit, I'd love for things to just fall into place already. However, I am grateful we are employed and healthy. Things could definitely be a lot worse.

MORAL OF THAT STORY: If you don't get everything you want, think of the things you don't get that you don't want. ~ Oscar Wilde

3 comments:

April said...

Wow. Super busy! You should wear one of those shirts with the big "S" Superman symbol on it. =)

But hey, if you hear about these one-legged ass kicking contests, please let me know. I'd like to join one. hee hee.

Andrea said...

Woah! Wish I could help in some way. I'll fold the sheets before I leave Saturday morning. :)

I wish I could stay a bit longer and visit with you and see Crusty, but I have another show on Saturday with a possible photo pass! Woo! Rocker photographer!

Things do always work out and things can always be worse. Stay positive, stay sane. I'm around when you need anything at all.

Lisa..... said...

I. Know. Exactly. How. You. Feel.