2.14.2011

Cyrus

Around the same time Inception was in the theater, my brother told me I had to go see the movie Cyrus because it was so hilarious. He's recommended movies to us before that he thought were hilarious and they've not been but I refused to give up on him so I rented it. I figured with a cast like this, it had to be funny. Was it? Not so much. Husband asked if my brother was trying to sabotage us but I think it's not that malicious; we just don't have the same taste in movies.
Cyrus is about a man and a woman who meet and sort of instantly fall into a pretty intense courtship. Then the man meets the woman's son. The woman's son attempts to sabotage their romance so he can have his mother all to himself. Mostly, this movie just seemed sort of sad and awkward. The relationship between Tomei and Hill as mother and son was just weird and potentially inappropriate. And John C. Reilly just sort of came across as pathetic. What a bummer, you know? I really like those people. Oh well. They can't all be winners.

2 comments:

Coodence said...

I never even heard of it. Dang! I am out of the loop.

April said...

I've never heard of it either. Was it a straight to dvd movie?