1.24.2011

It's A Trap

While I'm not a huge fan of Star Wars, I am a big fan of what Family Guy does to them. It's A Trap is the third and final installment of their version of the Star Wars Trilogy; the closing scene said they'd let The Cleveland Show do the prequels. Luckily, it was at Costco for a mere $13.99 so I threw it in my cart as an impulse buy. While I'm sure it would have been much funnier had we partaken in some puffing, I'll admit I still got a lot of laughs out of this one. There is nothing like some random pop culture references to tickle my funny bone. It's the little things that really get to me. For example, instead of battling in those huge walking machines on that forest planet (Endor? I'm sure true fans of Star Wars know the names but I don't), they duke it out on 10-speed bicycles that explode upon impact. There are lots of little things that made me laugh but I'm not sure why like Peter saying he sucks after not catching something tossed to him and sock puppets from the deluxe version... things that make no sense when I type them here but still make me giggle. I just really love Seth Macfarlane's sense of humor and how smart he seems I guess. I know a lot of people don't like him or this show but he gets me. What makes me really question my taste, though, is that I have had the critically acclaimed The Kids are All Right sitting right next to my DVD player for going on 2 weeks now and Family Guy is the one I made time to watch. Go figure.

1 comment:

Coodence said...

I just clicked the link to see what you were missing: "Two children conceived by artificial insemination bring their birth father into their family life." I can't imagine why you haven't watched it...