1.11.2011

Casey Tuesday - 1/11/11 Heh

Casey is 20 weeks old today. He weighs 16 pounds, 7 ounces and is 25" long. He was a brave little soldier when he got his 4-month vaccinations and although he has matching boo boos on both legs, he hardly cried a bit. He got to try cereal for the 1st time but he's seems neither here nor there about it. Taking the spoon in his mouth and swallowing seemed to come pretty naturally to him even if he made quite a mess. He's been sleeping through the night for quite a few days now. He usually goes to sleep around 8 and wakes up around 5. I've been going to sleep when he does since he was born so while I appreciate not having to get out of bed for bottles and diaper changes, it's not really like I get extra rest. He stirs quite a bit and cries in his sleep so I'm still waking up a lot. I am a horrible mother and let him sleep in bed with me and I notice that when I turn my back to him he gets super mad and starts kicking me. I asked Husband how he knows I roll over if he's asleep and he said "He used to live in you?" So there you have it. Creepy but true. I thought maybe it had something to do with my breathing.

4 comments:

Coodence said...

Do you really think you're a bad ma for letting him sleep with you? That's like opposite land.

Christine said...

He's so frigging cute, dude....looks like he's saying, "Who, me?"

April said...

Well I guess I'll jump on that bad mom train with you. I let Ethan sleep with me until he was 2.

I tried, at first, having him sleep in a bassinet, but I nursed him and the hungry guy woke up every hour to eat. It was more convenient to let him sleep with me attached to one boob. We'd fall asleep. When he'd wake up, I'd plop him to the other boob and we'd go back to sleep.

When I stopped nursing, I was too used to him sleeping with me, that I just let it continue.

From ages 2-6 one of my favorite times were when I'd get woken up by his cute little face saying, "Mommy, I had a bad dream. Can I sleep with you?" Of course I'd slide over and make room for him. I tell ya what, there is NOTHING like snuggling with your kid. NOTHING.

Just the other night Ethan asked if we could snuggle. You think I could turn that down? NEVER!

OH and Casey? THE.ABSOLUTE.CUTEST!!

Lisa..... said...

Super cute.

Also, don't start that mom guilt trip business. It's all downhill. Just do your best and love that kid. Even if he's in your bed.