11.24.2010

Thankful

On this, the hallowed eve of Thanksgiving (or El Día de Gracias) I thought I would take a moment to list some things I am thankful for this year:
  • I have a healthy and happy marriage.
  • I am a mother to an adorable, healthy son.
  • My grandparents will soon be in an assisted living home, the best for both of them.
  • My parents are helping us buy a house.
  • My neighbors are generously walking Kiyah so she doesn't feel neglected.
  • I work for a company that was able to give me a bonus.
  • My husband and I are both employed in these economic times.
  • I stopped bleeding.
  • I have a new niece or nephew on the way.
  • My family has a roof over their heads, food in their stomachs and clothes on their backs.
  • I graduated from college and am done with school forever.
  • I have money in the bank.
  • We have an amazingly affordable and wonderful babysitter for Casey.
  • Husband has great friends who let him live with them for free while he works hundreds of miles away from his family.
MORAL OF THAT STORY: Times may seem rough but every cloud has a silver lining. I just needed to look at the things I have to be grateful for rather than dwell on the negative.

1 comment:

Sassy said...

What a nice post. Even though it's not Thanksgiving here, perhaps I'll post something similar. It's always a good time to take inventory on all that we do have, and all that we are thankful for. It keeps things in perspective.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!