11.17.2010

A Hard Day's Night

So... for the last three days I have forgotten something whilst bringing the baby to his sitter. The first day I forgot the milk in the fridge at work so I had to rush the next morning to pick it up from work before I went to the sitter. The second day, as I dropped him off, I walked out of the door with the diaper bag still on my shoulder. Today, you will be able to find his diaper bag still in my vehicle. I swear I am losing my mind. I will have to go by today at lunch and deliver more milk and the bag. Luckily, she has diapers and such at her house already that we were bright enough to drop off last week. I guess we do a few things right. Ultimately, my goal is to get a good enough stash of milk built up at her place that I don't have to go by EVERY DAY AT LUNCH. Because as nice as it is that I can do that, I don't want to. I want Casey to get used to Maria and I want at least an hour a day where I'm not working and/or thinking about a baby-related task.
Thankfully, the nights and mornings have been a cinch. Here's what my Monday through Friday is going to look like:
  • Wake up with the baby around 6:30 and feed and change him.
  • Get in the shower and get ready while he's in his Baby Einstein chair.
  • Put him in the crib to gaze at the Pooh mobile while I make the bed and put on my face.
  • Take him downstairs and plop him in another chair while I take care of the dog.
  • Get him in the car and off to Maria's so I can be to work by 8 a.m.
  • Work and pump, take a lunch to deliver milk, work and pump.
  • Pick him up from Maria's at 5 pm.
  • Get him home and in the bath.
  • Try to feed myself around 6:30 while playing with him as he lies on the floor. I also need to appease the dog by playing with her simultaneously.
  • Feed him and get us both to sleep, then proceed to wake several times during the night to feed and change him.
  • Do it all again the next day.
MORAL OF THAT STORY: Single mothers who work full-time deserve a medal of honor. Seriously.

1 comment: