11.16.2010

Casey Tuesday

Casey is 12 weeks old today. Yesterday began a new chapter for both of us: I returned to work; he began his life with a babysitter. On Sunday night he decided at his 3:30 wake-up that he didn't feel like falling back to sleep immediately and kept me up until 5:15. I had to wake up at 6:15 for work. Awesome. I doubt that little stunt made it an easy day for either of us but I think I suffered more since he was able to sleep all day. I know this because when I brought the boob milk I'd pumped over to Maria's at noon, he was sleeping soundly on her bed which made me weep a little.
When I dropped him off with the sitter he was all smiles but when I picked him up, I had to fight to get him to smile at me. I didn't quite succeed but it was a good time to be reunited nonetheless. BFF warned me he'd smell like the sitter but it was shocking regardless. I plopped him in the bath promptly, we proceeded to play a bit and he was asleep by 7:30. That's crazy, right? We went from being together 24/7 to having only a couple hours a day together? It's pretty sad but I think Maria is going to treat him very well and eventually Casey will grow to love her as much as his cousin Ethan did when she was watching him.

2 comments:

Coodence said...

Cute pic!

April said...

Parents always tell you how hard it is to leave your baby with the sitter for the first time, but you never really understand how hard it is until you actually do it.

Does the babysitter smell bad?