10.27.2010

Wrap It Up Wednesday

Since I let you all in on my bloody travails, I thought I would tell you how the tale ended. As of last Thursday I was still bleeding so I decided to try and "flush" out the remainder of my problem with the little squirt bottle they gave me in the hospital when I had Casey. Nothing happened in the shower after that hot water rinse so I put on a pad and a tampon and we got on the road to Oakland. We stopped after about 2-1/2 hours of driving in Santa Maria for a potty break. When I changed my tampon, I started gushing blood. Here I was in a bathroom of three stalls and I couldn't stop bleeding. I'll spare you the grizzly details but I was in that stall for approximately 45 minutes and there was not one moment that I wasn't bleeding. Mind you, my son is outside with Husband, needing to be breastfed. Foolish new parents that we are, we didn't think we'd need formula and bottles since I had my milk jugs with us. I was soaking through tampon and pad after tampon and pad. I ended up putting one of Casey's diapers on between my chonies and jeans in addition to a tampon and a pad in order to clench my legs together like steel vices to waddle out to the Tahoe to feed him. While I was in that stall, I was on the phone with the L&D nurse at CMH. She's telling me to find my uterus, that it would feel like a softball. All I could feel was my stomach and I was thinking to myself "Why in the hell do I need to be doing this?!" All the time I'm on the phone with the nurse, there are women coming and going and washing their hands with the super loud hand dryers. I finally asked her when I should start to panic and she was telling me to get to the ER if I went through a pad in one hour, when I passed a clot the size of a mother lovin' softball, the second over the course of this crazy bathroom stop. After that? NOTHING. The bleeding has stopped. Just as abruptly as this tale of horrors.

MORAL OF THAT STORY: Never stop in a Santa Maria Chevron unless you're ready for bloodshed.

6 comments:

Christine said...

holy.mother.of.god.
glad you're ok....

Cod's MIL said...

OMG RANDI!!!!! i would have freeked! sooooooo glad you are okay now! holy cow tho!!!

Coodence said...

Yeah dude. Glad you're still with us,ho.

Ang said...

I love your stories Randi. Glad you are all dried up.:)

hotdrwife said...

You poor thing!!!

I'm glad you are no longer bleeding like a stuck pig. Jaaaaysus.

Lisa..... said...

Yikes. Scary for you.