9.20.2010

Movie Review Monday

For our first movie in the theater in over a month, Husband and I got the Grandparents to watch Casey and we went to see The Town. I don't know much about Ben Affleck movies but if he keeps making them like this one? I will go and see them. Initially I just wanted to go because my boyfriend Don Draper... er... Jon Hamm plays an FBI agent in it. Jeremy Renner wasn't just a one-trick pony with The Hurt Locker; he plays an excellent bad guy in this one. Blake Lively couldn't be further from what she must play in Gossip Girl (I don't know though, never seen it) and Ben himself does a great job as an actor in addition to director and writer.
Frankly, every actor in this movie is fantastic. The cops and robbers plot is sprinkled with a love story and there isn't a moment when I wasn't totally invested in what was going on on-screen. There's a lot of suspense and gun play... I jumped out of my seat on a number of occasions and may or may not have forgotten to breathe a few times.
It was awesome to lose myself in the movie but in the back of my mind I kept thinking "The last time I saw a movie here I was pregnant" and that eventually turned into "Hmmm... this movie is 2 hours long and I need to get home to my baby!" I guess maybe I wasn't as ready as I thought I was to go to the movies but at least The Town was worth it.

2 comments:

Coodence said...

Good job, dude! I'm sure it wasn't easy!!

Lisa..... said...

I liked it too, although there were some things I thought were cheesy...like Ben exercising. Handsome indeed, but a little cheesy. You know Gone Baby Gone was directed by him? Even better than this one.