9.29.2010

Another Baby Book. Shocking.

When my hairdresser found out I was pregnant she loaned me a birthing book (that I never did read) and Baby Laughs: The Naked Truth About the First Year of Motherhood by Jenny McCarthy. I figured since my child is now a month old, I should probably read it and return those books so she could loan them to her next preggo friend. I read McCarthy's other book, Belly Laughs, and had some nice things to say about it. This time around, I didn't laugh as much because frankly I didn't think she was as amusing or funny. Basically it was a reiteration of what I just read in the book I reviewed last week and it's entirely possible that I am on baby overload right now.
Luckily, this was an easy read and I could peruse it sporadically on the toilet or while I was breastfeeding in the middle of the night. The chapters are only a few pages along so it's not like it was required deep concentration or attention. I think most new moms will basically tell you the same things: you lose interest in sex, your body will never be the same, you will be tired and babies are 24/7. I know I told you last week to read the books your girlfriends give you but maybe not this one. Though I will say this for my hairdresser, she is a genuinely wonderful person who knows more about me than most other women in my life and I don't know what I'd do with out her.

MORAL OF THAT STORY: I need to dive into some juicy fiction. STAT!

3 comments:

ceedee said...

I couldn't put The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo, and the other books in the Millenium series down. I thought they were really really good :)

Coodence said...

Agree with Crusty! Those are great! Super fast, very addicting.

Lisa..... said...

I read the first of the "The Girl" series and now I want to read the others.