8.17.2010

Tummy Tuesday

My due date is a week from tomorrow. I'm not sure what that means any more. It's crazy. I, like anyone else who has been pregnant for 39 weeks, would really like to give birth already. The earlier the better. I feel anxious... like I should be looking for some sign that this is going to happen. I have been searching for a mucus plug for weeks now and it drives me nuts thinking I may have missed it. Or maybe it hasn't passed yet. I think the ultrasound a couple weeks ago messed with my mind. Like, I saw him, looking like a real baby - not an alien - with eyes and ears and a nose and a mouth... if he's already that developed, shouldn't he just be out already??? Haha. I realize I sound like a crazy person but these are my thoughts.
As for nesting, I think it's begun. The house is clean, the clothes are washed, the nursery is ready and waiting. Our bag is packed for the hospital. It's just a waiting game right now. I'm getting over my cold so I have no energy at all whatsoever. I napped multiple times over the weekend and slept a lot at night. Maternity leave started yesterday so I slept in and am being as lazy as possible. May as well enjoy the quiet and the calm while I can.

Here's what babycenter.com says about 39 weeks:
Your baby's waiting to greet the world! He continues to build a layer of fat to help control his body temperature after birth, but it's likely he already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds, a mini watermelon. (Boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls.) The outer layers of his skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath.

2 comments:

Sassy said...

yes, rest well you can. I hated people telling me that, but man is it true!

I don't think I lost the mucus plug until when they broke my water...so who knows?!

Jessica said...

Definitely enjoy the quiet.

I'm so excited for you! Soon. Very soon.