8.10.2010

Tummy Tuesday

I am due two weeks from tomorrow. I can't believe it. My tummy has dropped and it is a visible change. I spent all weekend nesting by putting EVERYTHING in the nursery or limited to one tiny corner in my kitchen as opposed to dominating our dining room table. I cleaned like it was my calling from the Lord Jesus Christ. We are definitely ready and hope he gets here while the apartment is clean. My check-up on Thursday was awesome. The ultrasound tech is saying the baby weighs about 6.9 lbs which is what the website below estimates at this time. The images were so sharp and we got to see Casey's features really clearly. He also opened and closed his little mouth and put his hands up by his lips. SIGH! It's amazing that a real live human being is in my tummy and will be here so very soon. I have another checkup this afternoon - we're up to once a week - so maybe we'll see if I'm dilating yet. I still haven't seen any evidence that my mucus plug has come out. Pretty.

Here's what babycenter.com says about 38 weeks:
Your baby has really plumped up. He weighs about 6.8 pounds and he's over 19-1/2 inches long (like a leek). He has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold his hand for the first time! His organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb. Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? You may not be able to tell right away. If he's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If he's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time he's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after he's born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)

No comments: