8.23.2010

Movie Review Monday

Talk about misleading. All this time I thought Kick-Ass was a comedic take on comic book movies. Mind you, this movie had funny parts, but it wasn't a comedy by any means. The way it was marketed, I would have sworn it was directed more towards kids. Then again, McLovin' wasn't exactly kid-friendly in Superbad was he? And I knew in advance that Hit Girl had potty mouth. I wonder what gave me the wrong idea.
Kick-Ass is about a kid who decides he's going to be a superhero. You know right away this might not be the best career move when he gets stabbed by a thug and bleeds his own blood. Then the violence just gets more and more gory and bloody and real. By the time Husband and I were done watching it, we both said "Well, that's that then. That was a movie." I don't even know how to review it other than get ready for some grit and gore and hard core, graphic violence.

2 comments:

Coodence said...

bleeds his own blood. hmmm...

dirkmancuso said...

It was actually about 75% faithful to the comic book (and they're prepping a comic sequel -- I can't wait!)