7.20.2010

Tummy Tuesday

Discomfort is the name of the game here in the last few weeks of pregnancy. We've got leg cramps, trouble sleeping, and heartburn. Oh, Lord, the heartburn. I could eat a breath mint and get heartburn. Speaking of breath mints? Wintergreen Ice Breakers are a total craving of mine now. That and chewing ice cubes. I have no idea what that means.
We pre-registered at the hospital on Friday. I thought this would have been a more in-depth process but it literally took us five minutes. We had one-side of a sheet of paper to fill out. I've had procedures done at another hospital where the pre-registration took forever so this was a nice surprise.
Another nice surprise? Auntie Crusty brought us some books and pajamas this week so we feel extra spoiled. I also feel very reassured because she kept telling me I wasn't huge and that all my weight gain is in my belly. Thank God for nice friends. Hopefully she's not just a big ol' liarmouth trying to make me feel better. Ha! Grandma (a.k.a. my mom) also can't stop the shopping impulse and has been buying us diapers and blankets and Winnie-the-Pooh hair brushes and SO MUCH STUFF. Even my vendors from work are spoiling this baby. Amazing. I can't wait to see what the shower brings on the 31st.

Here's what babycenter.com has to say about 35 weeks (5 to go!):
Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5-1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

1 comment:

ceedee said...

I'm NOT a liarmouth - I think you look great! Plus, I like to rub your belly :)
Yay for honeydew babies LOL