7.06.2010

Tummy Tuesday

The doctor's appointment on Thursday was quite anticlimactic. I think I weighed in at about 230 which is horrifying yet satisfying at the same time. Horrifying because I've never seen a scale so high, satisfying because I've technically only gained about 15 pounds since conception. Holler and again, mad props to morning sickness for helping me keep the weight down. Doc measured my belly and said "nice growth!" and I was on my way.
In a huge step, Husband broke down the guest room over the weekend and moved the boxes of baby furniture upstairs. Assembly should be complete by the end of this coming weekend and we'll sort of officially have a "nursery." I guess this shit is real, folks. A baby is on his way.
While shopping this weekend I had one woman ask me "When are you due? Tomorrow?" and another man tell me "It's almost over." I am still sort of baffled as to why strangers need to say such crazy shit. I much prefer the gaze and smile technique as when a crotchety old woman spies my burgeoning belly and her face melts from stone cold to Granny warm.

Here's what babycenter.com says about 33 weeks (7 weeks to go!):
This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a cone-head like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.

2 comments:

Sassy said...

Looking good mama!!

Coodence said...

Hooray! So close!