7.14.2010

Tick Tock

Ever since we started putting the nursery together I've felt this sort of impending doom... well, not necessarily doom, per se, but a heavy feeling that time is running out. I have the urge to make all these task lists and am harboring a feeling like I'm not getting things done quickly enough. Did the bedding for the crib really need to be washed 6 weeks ahead of time? Probably not. But it's done! I'm going to try and hold off on washing baby clothes until the shower which is a mere 17 days away but don't you think it's not constantly on my mind. Because it is.
Also, as a college graduate, I get the joy of having my student loans go into repayment status. This is not the kind of thing I need considering next month my salary will be slashed in half and we'll barely make enough money between Husband and myself to pay the few bills we have now. So I went through the lengthy consolidation and deferment process and that is another box checked off the list. Soon after baby arrives, though, it'll be like having a car payment again only this time with nothing to show for it other than a diploma. I certainly can't boast my big brain.
I feel like I'm handling our business in a big way right now and have never felt more organized. I better enjoy the feeling while it lasts and not get used to it because methinks a baby's sole purpose is to bring upheaval to a once tidy little life - as darling as an upheaval he may be.

MORAL OF THAT STORY: "Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up." - A.A. Milne

1 comment:

Lurker Girl said...

You are just "nesting" Totally normal. Wait until the "crazy" kicks in and YOU MUST clean and organize--that happens right before (a couple weeks) the birth.