7.12.2010

Movie Review Monday

This is the only movie we watched this weekend aside from birthing videos and I'm positive you don't want me to talk about those. Some things, once seen, can't be unseen. And I wonder why they make moms-to-be watch those things when technically, I'm not really going to see what's going on down there when I give birth anyway.
So, we rented The Express. Husband informed me that he put this on Netlfix because I wanted to watch it when I saw the previews for its arrival to the movie theaters about 2 years ago. I have no way to prove or disprove this claim so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. This movie is about Ernie Davis, who runs super fast, gets recruited by Syracuse during some racist times to play football and is the first black dude to win the Heisman Trophy. I hope I didn't give too much away. Most times I really like football movies (i.e. Remember the Titans, Invincible, etc.) but this one didn't really do it for me. Dennis Quaid was the coach and he failed to give me the goosebumps whilst rallying the team with his motivational speeches. And the dude who played Ernie Davis had about as much emotion portraying his character as I would have and, well, that says it all.
So another movie fail for us. Go Team!

No comments: