6.08.2010

Tummy Tuesday

Yeah... so I'm "over" being pregnant this week. My moods are swinging for total elation to downright depression. The other night America's Funniest Videos had me laughing so hard there were tears streaming down my face and I could hardly breathe. Yesterday one of Husband's co-workers had me practically homicidal and bawling. So... yeah. I'm a cornucopia of emotion and it seems like my #1 feeling right now is discomfort. And the June Gloom just ain't helping me so PFFFFFFFFFFFT.
Last week I had an episode where my vision was totally distorted for about 15 minutes. This is the third time this has happened in a couple weeks so I called the OBGYN to tell them about it to see if it was cause for worry. Let me tell you right now, if you call the OBGYN to see if you should be concerned, they're going to tell you to come in. Period. Might as well not even call. So I went in and they checked to make sure I didn't have protein in my urine or high blood pressure, which I totally didn't so that excluded the preeclampsia risk. My doc did sort of freak out and had me rushed to a ophthalmologist though who later concluded that I was suffering from an ocular migraine which is basically like a wee acid trip minus the drugs if you see the picture on that page. These are essentially harmless and without a cure so it's just another pain-in-the-ass, weird affliction I can add to the list. Good times.

Here's what babycenter.com says about 29 weeks:
Your baby now weighs about 2-1/2 pounds (butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Ocular migraines are fun stuff. I have them even when not pregnant. The good thing, I guess, is that they aren't painful. Definitely scary if you don't know what they are, though.