6.01.2010

Tummy Tuesday

And so it has arrived - my final trimester of pregnancy. In reflection, I would say this was an interesting and fun part of pregnancy. I think this month I have laughed harder than I have in a long time. Husband will make a funny face or say something funny that will inevitably leave me crying in a fit of giggles while water shoots out of my nose and my urethra. Good times, the ol' lack of bladder control. The baby moving around in my tummy is the best feeling in the world and really makes this whole thing feel so real. He makes me laugh, too, when I wonder where he thinks he's going in that tiny womb of mine. I feel pretty good for the most part but the hip pain (not on the outside so much, but inside my thigh area) is getting pretty stupid. My feet get very sore and tired easily but I guess that will happen when you're weighing in at about 225 pounds. I have learned the importance of elevation to reduce foot and ankle swelling and have thus far evaded the cankle. We'll see how long that lasts.

Here's what babycenter.com says about 28 weeks:
By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of his head to her heels. He can blink his eyes, which now sport lashes. With his eyesight developing, he may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. He's also developing billions of neurons in his brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

2 comments:

ceedee said...

Seriously, what is it with the comparisons with vegetables? What the hell is a Chinese Cabbage and why does your son look like it?

LOL :)

I love your pic - I think you look great!

Lisa..... said...

I'm glad your having (despite the normal complaints) a happy and healthy pregnancy!