6.30.2010

Sweet Relief

This should probably go into a Tummy Tuesday post but whatever. I may have mentioned that I have been feeling some pain in my hips but like in the inner, cookie region as opposed to outer hips that would be used to do hoola-hooping. It turns out, this pain is related to constipation. Can you believe that? Near paralysis as a result of being unable to poop? I had no idea. Because I do poop. Not a lot and not frequently but it does happen. Well when I finally did poop - a lot and frequently one day - I regained my ability to walk. Praise Eight Pound, Six Ounce, Newborn Baby Jesus, in your golden, fleece diapers, with your curled-up, fat, balled-up little fists pawin' at the air...! It's a miracle! She is healed. I told the nurse practitioner this and she found it quite entertaining and told me in the future to just double up on the ol' Fiber Choice and I shouldn't have that problem again. Not a lot of room in the guts region what with Next Friday taking up all the space with his wee body. So this is my product endorsement of the week.

MORAL OF THAT STORY: Fiber and water are a girl's best friend.

1 comment:

hotdrwife said...

This reminds me - they aren't kidding after you have Baby about going #2 as soon as you can. You do NOT want to wait. We checked out of the hospital before the usual "make sure your guts are in order" because "Oh, her husband is a doctor and he'll monitor her!". Yeah, no. It was a lonnnnng time later. And Magcitrate is the devil, but oh mother of god, it made things exit asap.