6.23.2010

Nano, Nano

About three weeks ago, I made the plunge and purchased an iPod Nano. It's a beautiful, Dodger blue number and I think that might have been its main selling point. I've always thought Apple to be slightly pretentious and didn't want to "sell out" and get one but I did. However, for the last three weeks it has literally been sitting untouched because I know what happens when I get new toys: I get obsessed. So I knew it was in my best interest to avoid the OCD that comes along with something as serious as building and uploading a music library.
However, Husband was getting agitated seeing that blue piece of technology sitting there, gathering dust. Over the weekend he sort of pressured me to open it so he could show me how that and iTunes worked. This led to me converting my music libary to be iTunes compatible. Husband had convinced himself that if it was on iTunes, it could be deleted from the music folder on our computer thus opening up more storage space. I, foolishly, trusted him and pressed delete. It even told me that it wouldn't go to the recycle bin due to its large file size but I trusted in the man I married. It would appear, though, that he didn't know what he was talking about.
After the 5,000 some odd files had been deleted, I checked in the iTunes only to see that it was completely void of anything. Amazing. Luckily, I was able to pull some of the songs I had from CDs I'd since sold off my archaic Sansa Sandisk and restore them to the computer and thus iTunes. However, last night I spent HOURS uploading CDs and have gotten practically nowhere with that. I still have at least 500 more to go and maybe another week's worth of computer play before my library will be restored. Awesome.

MORAL OF THAT STORY: “I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you” - Friedrich Nietzsche

3 comments:

Coodence said...

Man, I love a good Nietzsche quote.

And, are you in a punk band or something? Who are you selling out to? Don't you have a pair of coach sneakers?

love you

hotdrwife said...

Bummer!!

And I looooooved that Nietzsche quote!

Sassy said...

Ugh.
I think I am the last person on earth who doesn't own an ipod...