6.02.2010

Moral of the Story Humpday

I am a big fan of the Muppets. This shouldn't be a secret, by any means, I just don't know if I've spoken of my love here on the blog before. This past weekend, Husband and I went down to Anaheim for a wee pregnant lady getaway. I wanted to go to Downtown Disney for a dinner and a movie and a cruise around the shops since the reality of walking miles around Disneyland just isn't reality for me right now. While we were there, we stumbled upon a store called D Street that sold these wee figurines called Vinylmation. Naturally, I wanted them, the entire set of Muppets. However, the tricky thing about Vinylmation toys is that they come in a sealed bag inside of a sealed box and you have no idea what you are buying. Like I couldn't just go in there and say "I'll take the set." Nope. It's a very secretive, grab bag type of process and a bit too much for this control freak to handle. Husband was kind enough to buy a mystery box for me and I was bursting with anticipation to see what I got. Naturally, I got Statler - one of a set. And if there is a set to be had, I need to have it. So I ended up buying my own mystery box in hopes of getting Waldorf but I didn't. I got Rizzo the Rat. At $9.99 a pop, I could have bought Vinylmation figurines right until they put me into the poor house. But I didn't need to. Because at Downtown Disney, we were able to trade them in! Still in an "I can't choose" sort of mystery manner, but trade nonetheless. So I decided to sacrifice Statler and try for another beloved character even though those two grumpy theater goers are my pretty much my top of the list favorite. Lo and behold, I pulled another Statler but the Disney employee lady let me pick again so I wouldn't have a duplicate. Next pull? WALDORF! I was so excited so I gave her Rizzo and now I am the proud owner of a wee set of tiny figurines.
MORAL OF THAT STORY: Sometimes things really do work out for the best!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

We used the same theme! But your's is way more positive than my use of it.