6.09.2010

Another Pregnant Book. Shocking.

If there is one piece of advice I can give you it is read this Belly Laughs: The Naked Truth About Pregnancy and Childbirth in lieu of What To Expect When You're Expecting if you find yourself in the family way. What to Expect will scare the shit out of you while Belly Laughs will simply make you feel like you aren't alone while experiencing the many strange side effects that accompany pregnancy. Jenny McCarthy basically lays out the ups and many downs in a way I could definitely relate to and that way is "graphic." She is blunt and frank and forward and I really enjoyed reading her book. The chapters are nothing more than a few pages at most and the writing is elementary at best but she made me laugh out loud more than once. Her topics range from constipation to stretch marks to all the aches and pains that accompany the miracle that is pregnancy. What surprised me the most about this book, however, was that the last chapter had me in tears. Not that it is hard to make a pregnant lady cry, believe me, but she is able to be hilarious at one moment and quite touching at the next. I'm glad I put down the serious reading for a little bit of silliness. I look forward to reading her Baby Laughs later.

MORAL OF THAT STORY: I sure can read a lot when it's not in Spanish and/or mandatory.

2 comments:

ceedee said...

just don't believe her crazy ranting about vaccines causing autism.

Lisa..... said...

Um, I second ceedee. Don't drink the crazy Jenny McCarthy koolaid.