5.25.2010

Tummy Tuesday

While watching a program on TLC called The World's Fattest Man (or something very similar) I heard the British doctor call the belly button a tummy button and I can't go back now. On the topic of tummy buttons, mine is slowly becoming an outie, something I never saw happening as once upon a time it was a deep innie. Husband took a look at it over the weekend and commented that the "pond was lookin' pretty shallow." That made me laugh so I'm telling everyone.
This is the last week of my second trimester and today I am officially three months away from my due date. That's pretty incredible to me. I'm feeling bigger and more uncomfortable than ever yet I know that the future holds only bigger things. I'll save the better until I know more. Heartburn is becoming more common place and so are leg cramps. I tried to do yard work and laundry like I normally do and almost passed out. Ch-ch-ch-changes indeed.
Last week's doctor appointment went ok I guess. My blood pressure was a bit high (100/80?) but I wonder if that's to be expected when I speed over to the doctor's office after a full day of work and an afternoon ice cream treat. I guess I better keep an eye on that. The nurse practitioner measured my belly and I was 26 (cm?) which is exactly where I should be at this stage of my pregnancy. That was comforting after the masseuse's tirade.

Here's what babycenter.com says about 27 weeks:
This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of a cauliflower) and is about 14-1/2 inches long with his legs extended. He's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing his eyes, and perhaps even sucking his fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While his lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if he were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother him, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.

4 comments:

Coodence said...

Any masseuse who gives a tirade should have her/his license revoked.

Cod's MIL said...

that is what THE Babe used to call his belly button when he was a kid...he insisted it was a 'tummy button' cuz it's on your tummy! LOL!

Lisa..... said...

100/80? Strange number. 80 is slightly high. Only slightly. But 100, not at all. Are you sure it wasn't more than 100.... (120/70 is normal).

I used to get leg cramps and foot cramps. In the middle of the night. Ouch.

Sassy said...

Maybe your tummy button will only get shallower. Mine was pretty average as far as tummy buttons went, and it never popped out...just got pretty flat.

Leg cramps? Fucking hurt.
Yay for 3rd trimester! Almost there!