5.18.2010

Tummy Tuesday

On Friday I went for a massage after work. It's called a prenatal massage and is more expensive but really all I do is spoon a body pillow instead of lay on my tummy. I find it mildly hilarious when people ask me if there is a hole in the table where I plop my belly through. We were visualizing my belly being lowered into the hole Mission Impossible-style with me suspended with cables in the air. Anyway, back to the masseuse. I was just there maybe a little over a month ago for another massage. When she saw me she exclaimed, "Oh my! When are you due?!?!" August 25th. "Are you sure!?!?" Yes, ma'am. "Are you having twins?!?!" No ma'am, just the one. "Are you sure they got the due date right!?!? You're going to be HUGE!!!" Thanks. Just what every pregnant woman wants to hear. How HUGE she is. I am carrying any and all weight gain in my tummy thus it sticks out. From the back, still the same. The profile? Wow. What can I say. Husband and I are not tiny people, my brother weighed 12 pounds when he was born, I doubt mein bebeh will be petite. I know this little fella is strong though. His kicks are amazing and make me laugh like no other. I can say lately standing for extended periods of time make the ol' hips hurt a bit. Other than that, and this cold I'm trying to kick, things have been going real swell. I hope the doctor agrees with that when I go see him at 4 today.

Here's what babycenter.com says about 26 weeks:
The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other (and the incessant F-bombs you drop!). He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat (Just like his mama!). He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days (I am wondering if this is the reason for the new pimples ALLOVERMYFACE!).

3 comments:

Coodence said...

at least all the weight is in your tummy!! that's a small thing to be thankful for. cuz if your face was getting fat you'd be sad.

people loooove to make comments when you're pregnant. totally inappropriate almost all of the time.

ceedee said...

My mom said you look good. My dad said Brad looked scared...teehee!

Sassy said...

You look fabulous.
Any weight you gain is for a good reason. People are idiots and say the stupidest things. I had a cashier tell me I was huge and that I was probably really having twins, when everyone else would tell me how small my belly was. What do they know?