5.26.2010

Scary

I don't want to turn this blog into a pregnant blog but whatever. I'm pregnant and this is what is going on in my life so here it is. Over the weekend I was working in the yard, just pulling a random weed here and there, nothing big. I drank a Gatorade and some water, wore a hat. Took it pretty easy really but it was warm. When I went inside to get the laundry out of the dryer, I was overcome with a shaky, dizzy feeling and pretty much slumped to the ground. When I was feeling a bit more stable, I moved it to the couch and there I took a nap. Whatever.
Only yesterday, the same thing happened again. I had a couple wee bowls of cereal and a cheese stick before lunch but for some reason, after a quick walk (less than a block) to my bank, I was dizzy and shaky and felt like utter crap. I proceeded to lunch where I ate my weight in Mu Shu Pork and drank about a gallon of ice water. I felt better but after some coaxing I decided to call the doctor. Naturally, he wanted me to come in.
After a quick visit, we determined that things were fine. My blood pressure was good. The baby's heart was beating. All was well. Basically, I just need to eat small portions more frequently. It could be my blood sugar or it could be my mild anemia. I was so weepy the whole time because I felt so embarrassed. I wasn't bleeding or wounded, just dizzy, and there I was taking up the doctor's time. Mostly though, it's because I try super hard to be a good pregnant lady with what I eat and what I do and somehow I felt like this dizziness was me failing the baby somehow. But the good doctor was super reassuring and said that was what he was there for and this was only affecting me, not the baby.

MORAL OF THAT STORY: Pregnancy is scary sometimes.

5 comments:

Cod's MIL said...

oh honey! i am so glad everything is okay! but i know it was very scary for you! eat more and take it easy kiddo!!!!!

Coodence said...

I think also being a good pregnant lady includes going to the doctor when you become lightheaded after walking a block.

So, I don't think you should be embarrassed about taking up the doctor's time. That's what he's there for.

hotdrwife said...

First of all, I'm glad everything is okay!

Secondly, you aren't wasting anyone's time, ever, about anything, ever. Especially when you are pregnant!

You should call with any questions at any time. And that's coming from a woman who has been woken up in the middle of the night by a pager going off at all hours.

xo

Lisa..... said...

I fainted when I was pregnant. Into the fridge. It's my low BP.

I'm glad your fine and the baby is fine too.

Jessica said...

Definitely remember to eat more often. And going to the doctor is NOT embarrassing. It's safe.