5.31.2010

Movie Review Monday

Every now and then, Husband gets to pick a movie and we go and see it. Every now and then, that movie generally sucks. So was the case with MacGruber. Okay, maybe "sucks' is a harsh word but this movie was definitely not good. We laughed, sure, but it was essentially a one-trick pony as are the majority of the Saturday Night Live skits that make the transition to feature film length.
I really believe that Kristen Wiig is capable of making anything funny and she's slowly becoming one of my comedic heroes. I was surprised to see Ryan Phillippe and Val Kilmer in the roles they played here but they were surprisingly good and quite funny considering the material they were given to work with. I haven't been hip to SNL in some time so Will Forte is pretty much a mystery to me aside from his roles on 30 Rock but he's super funny. I just don't think the character of MacGruber needs to be on screen for an extended period of time.
We saw this so you don't have to.

No comments: