5.10.2010

Movie Review Monday

On Saturday we went to see Iron Man 2. The only reason we didn't make opening night was because we were at Chavez Ravine for my first Dodger game of the season watching the boys in blue beat the Colorado Rockies. Had it been the other way around, we would have had to have watched the Dodgers lose on Saturday. No bueno. The movie, on the other hand? Real bueno. My fetus gives it two feet up because he was kicking the entire time. That is one loud movie, ladies and gentleman. While I don't think it lived up to the first installment, I enjoyed it nonetheless. Robert Downey Jr. is, simply put, an incredible actor. Scar-Jo wasn't really much more than eye candy but her one action scene BLEW MY MIND. She's so freakin' pretty, man. I still like Gwynnie as Pepper Potts. Jon Favreau is still wonderful as Happy. I think Don Cheadle is dope but really anyone could have played the part of Rhodey, it was a sort of thankless role. And Mickey Rourke? He has the most disgusting fingernails in all of show business but makes for a pretty unlikable villain alongside Sam Rockwell (who I will always associate with the bad guy/Drew's love interest in Charlie's Angels). We laughed, we cringed at loud robots clanging together as they fought to their deaths, we cried. No we didn't really cry. But we did really enjoy this movie... along with a few million other American's it would seem. On a sort of petty note, we totally stayed to the end of the rolling credits to see the next Marvel Movie teaser and it was not worth the wait. Thor. There. That's all you need to know. I just saved you 10 minutes of your life.

1 comment:

Coodence said...

Thor. Makes me think of adventures in babysitting!!