5.19.2010

Happy Humpday Indeed

Did you all know that my college graduation ceremony was last weekend? I didn't go because I didn't want to wake up early or spend $50 on a cap and gown when that money could go toward a mani/pedi. I also didn't want my pregnant ass to have to sit on a lawn chair for hours on end hearing a bunch of names I didn't recognize get called onto a stage. But I did have a taco party with some friends and family and got a lot of nice gifts and had a couple of near beers and a super good time. The whole time we were having said fiesta, though, I had a little voice in the back of my mind nagging me, saying "What if you didn't really pass?" I know it's silly, of course I passed, but it wasn't on the CSUCI website saying it for real so I didn't really know, you know? But last night I received an email from the professor who I was pretty much convinced hated me saying grades had been posted. And I totally spazzed out for a bit on my couch wondering if I could click that link alone. What if I didn't pass? What if I had to go back for another semester? WHAT IF!?!?! But I told myself, "Sack up, ho!" and I clicked the link and there it was: 84%. Just like my other class. Two B's. Two 84% grades to close out my final semester as a college GRADUATE with a 3.0 GPA for the semester. And I'm really done. Forever. And I'm really the first person in my family to graduate from college with a bachelors in anything. And now I can be that mom that has the leverage to say to her son, "Son, you have two options after high school: either join the Navy like your dad did or get a degree like your mom did." Holler.

MORAL OF THAT STORY: I really am a smarty pants and need to start acting like one.

5 comments:

Coodence said...

I am giving you a standing ovation and hollering your name as if you walked across the stage.

Congratulations!!

Babe said...

And I'm the one with the air horn.

Congrats!!!

Sassy said...

I'm taking my top off and waving my shirt around in the air.
I'm classy like that.

ceedee said...

I'm waving a giant, inflatable penis at you as you walk across the stage! Oh, wait, that was my college graduation....
:)

Lisa..... said...

Smarty Pants. :)
Congratulations!