5.24.2010

Book Review Monday

A while back my Gran's friend gave her Diary of a Mad Mom-To-Be and she read it and thought it was super funny so she gave it to me to read. I was busy with school and sort of shelved it but figured since Gran gave it to me I should probably read it. And read it I did. This book follows a "professional" New Yorker named Amy through her pregnancy in journal form. There were several parts of this book I could relate to (words like "huge" and references to gigantic underwear) and I thought it was a pretty accurate description of what I too have experienced being with child: morning sickness, the simultaneous comfort and terror that accompany books like What to Expect When You're Expecting, and how people relate to a pregnant woman in general. I am definitely not a fan of "chick-lit" by any means but I suppose this book was pretty enjoyable. I laughed at parts but I sort of felt like I could have written this book myself. Nothing new to see here.

1 comment:

Coodence said...

I hear you, dude. I sometimes hate chick lit, but sometimes it's not so bad.

Good in Bed? One of the worst books on the planet.