4.06.2010

Tummy Tuesday

The news is out: It's a boy. In case you have never seen a penis on an ultrasound, I decided I would upload the picture we had. It's mildly hilarious that there is an arrow pointing to it that says BOY. We decided our child is very bold to just throw his junk at the camera like that. As a woman, I can honestly say I have never been that excited to see a penis in my entire life. Never. Husband and I were hootin' and hollerin' and giving high-fives like we were at a sporting event. It was a very momentous occasion for us both.
The big question everyone is asking is the name. We decided on Casey ages ago, maybe even before we conceived. It was Husband's mother's nickname growing up and there are 2 Dodgers with that name: Stengel and Blake. Interesting side note, Blake is on the roster now as #23 and we were married on the 23rd so that's kind of a neat coincidence. Another baseball connection is the poem Casey at the Bat from way back in the deezy. MLB expectations for our little one? Maybe. The middle name will be Douglas in my dad's honor. It melted Grandpa's heart to hear that news.
As far as pregnant goes... things are good. I weigh exactly as much as I did when I conceived so a big round of applause goes to morning sickness for weight control! I'm getting bigger and sleeping is getting less comfortable. I did splurge for a massage last Thursday since we're at the halfway point. Other than that, it's business as usual. I still miss beer the most.

Here's what babycenter.com has to say about the bambino:
Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel - the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom - the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, he's measured from head to toe). He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).

2 comments:

Sassy said...

And a find penis it is!
Congrats again! Love the name Casey. So perfect!

hotdrwife said...

So exciting!!!

Boys are so much fun.

Love the name!!!