4.29.2010

Tummy Thursday

One thing I really like about all this baby business is the cute stuff my friends keep buying me (er, I mean, the baby)! Last week I got a wee Paul Frank "Julius" butt-wipe holder from BFF & Babe and then this arrived, also from them! I can't stand it! All the tiny clothes and shoes and socks... I'm dying. I think I'm going to need the scanner gun to register at Target but that list is sitting pretty nice right now too. I hear my shower is in July.
I am really starting to feel the little fella moving around quite a bit now. I always ask Husband where the baby thinks he's going. Do you think he feels like an astronaut in the zero gravity of outer space? Is he running laps in there? Hehe. I love it, feeling proof that there is a living being inside me even if it still sort of feels like indigestion. Maybe a fart? I can't explain it. It's like an internal thump but it's super cute.
We had our last doctor appointment on Thursday and everything sounds good heartbeat wise. I was a little shocked when the good doctor whipped out the measuring tape and put it over my belly. It felt like he was measuring to lay carpet. Measure twice, cut once! I go for my glucose test to make sure I don't have the diabeetus this coming Friday morning. Our ultrasound place had originally scheduled us for another ultrasound on Friday but our primary OBGYN said it was excessive. I agree. So guess what... we're not going.

Here's what babycenter.com says about 23 weeks:
Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With his sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that he's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (a large mango), you may be able to see him squirm underneath your clothes (Nope. Not yet!). Blood vessels in his lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing him for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner (Or how many time his mother cusses someone out in a day...) — probably won't faze him when he hears them outside the womb.

No comments: