4.14.2010

Accomplished

I did it! I finished the three-page paper that isn't even due until the 19th! I said to myself, "Self, you really should knock this paper out before Glee." And I did. I sat there with my articles and my text book and I typed away at my wee little laptop. For like three hours straight. And I finished. An added bonus? I managed to stay up past my bed time and actually got to watch the glorious song and dance show that has stolen my heart. So it was like instant gratification. And Jesus wept.
The good thing about getting that paper out of the way? I'm basically presenting said paper in a PowerPoint/lecture format at the end of this month/beginning of May. So basically most of the footwork is out of the way. So now all I really have left to focus on is that godforsaken Capstone project I keep procrastinating on but if I can knock out three-pages in three hours I'm sure I can knock out twenty pages in about twenty days. Oh and there's a final exam on May 10th but whatever. Nothing new there. I just go in and hope for the best.
I would just like to thank my very dear friends and that crazy woman (a.k.a. "my mutha") who repeatedly told me to take small bites out of the task list rather than look at it as an overwhelming whole. It was quite helpful. And now I don't feel as daunted.

MORAL OF THAT STORY: If it weren't for the last minute, I wouldn't get anything done.

1 comment:

Coodence said...

It was in the last place I looked!